Rajasthan State Food & Civil Supplies Corporation was incorporated on 08th December ‘2010 under The Companies Act, 1956, and the corporation commenced its business from 27th December ‘2010. The main objectives of the Corporation are:
- To ensure effective and smooth lifting, transportation and distribution of PDS Commodities to the targeted Groups.
- To make available Non-PDS items of daily use on reasonable price, correct quantity and good quality to the common consumers.
- Market intervention in event of exorbitant rise in prices of essential commodities.
- Name of the corporation is Rajasthan State Food & Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd.
- The authorized capital of corporation will be Rs 100 Cr. and the present paid up capital will be Rs 50 Cr.
Corporation has following important task :
- The Corporation will arrange supply of food grains to all Fair Price Shops in the state by lifting the allotted food grains by Central Government through Food Corporation of India.
- The Corporation will arrange lifting of food grains from godowns of food corporation of India and its onward distribution to Fair Price Shops (FPS) in the state . The corporation will also conduct tendering process for their transportation and distribution at FPS.
- The corporation will arrange purchasing of non-PDSA, items from big manufactures and will make available to the consumer at cheaper rates through FPS.
- As the corporation is to ensure supply at the FPS the corporation will arrange for hiring of warehousing facilities /godowns at Tehsile level where godown facilities of central / state warehousing corporation are not available /existing .
- The corporation will act according to the directions / guide lines issued by the state government from time to time.